Nishi "La Huera" Lee's Adventures

Friday, July 28, 2006

I miss my dog Sammie!

Okay, it's official... I miss my girl! It's just not the same to come home and not have my girl jumping off the couch and looking at me like 'where you been?' Ma, will you give Sammie a pat on the head and a trip to the beach for me? If you're wondering what caused this Sammie love fest, check out Nathan's blog: www.beingwheelwright.blogspot.com

But back to Austria... things here are going well. It's always a little hit or miss... every day is a completely different day and I never know how it's going to end. It's kinda like the weather in Chicago, if you don't like the mood you're in wait 20 minutes (I guarantee it will be different!). I've been trying to hold my own, but as always, I'm super glad to have great friends out here that make it all a little better. Here are some pic's of new (and old) friends out here in Graz...



Theresa, Christoph and Nishi at an U-Bahn station in Vienna



Theresa, Mandy, Carmen, Danya, Lisa and Joanna at the Imbiss Restaurant accross the street
from the dorm showing their best "Heisse Liebe" (Hot Love) faces


Chinwe, Mary, Marisan, Theresa, Allison and Christoph again at another U-Bahn station in Vienna on Marisan's birthday eve party


Joanna, Nishi and Theresa getting a little freaky... imagine that.



Allison, Nishi and Marisan lookin' sassy at Marisan's b-day party!

I'm trying to think if there is any other pressing news, but I can't come up with any. Oh yeah, by the way it's f*ckin' hot out here. Oh my God. Almost every day it's 85 or 90 degrees and humid! Ahhhhhhh! Nishi doesn't do well with humidity and I've been literally sweatin' my ass off. Also, Austrians aren't big fans of AC and I think they mostly don't need it, so there is no such thing. There isn't ever that immediate relief when you walk into a building... no frequently it's just as hot if not hotter than outside... that way you can continue to sweat (just in case you were afraid you might stop). It's ALL an adventure, the singing, the heat, the language, the funny gridless streets, being an auslander (foreigner), being surrounded by over a hundred singers and instrumentalists............... again all I can come up with is, oh wow. Or, aw dude.

Love you all and promise more pics/info as time permits! XOXOXO Nishi

4 Comments:

At 7:58 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had heard rumors of the existance of this blog, and thanks to the link on Nathan's page, I've finally found you! Great stories and pics, Nishi!
It looks like you are finding, and making, lots of fun!! I miss you!!

 
At 9:10 AM , Blogger Nathan said...

Hey! In the one pic it looks like thearsa is grabbing your boob.

 
At 2:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you Nishi! Say hi to Theresa too! Today it is freezing cold and raining in Santa Fe...if only we could send some cool breezes over the Big Pond to you...Love Kat

 
At 10:57 PM , Blogger Anishka said...

To Nathan... uh dude, that's cuz she is.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home