Nishi "La Huera" Lee's Adventures

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Kinda Delayed

Okay so this is hella late, but better late than never right? First of all, I have some of the bestest friends in the whole wide world. About a month ago, my friend Lolo was moving to Chicago... I was SO sad because I wasn't gonna get to see her, and I couldn't figure out a way to make it happen (no time/$$). Enter my bay area crew. The weekend before her party I get a text message from Jaime saying that she, Schaffer, Scott and Chris would buy me a ticket to come up and surprise Lauren for her going away party. My response was hell yeah!

This is where Murphy's law kicks in... that Sunday morning I awoke to yet another back episode... I couldn't walk, sit or stand for long and was in crazy amounts of pain. Great. Long story short; I did my best to go to work that week so that it wouldn't be a problem for me to be gone, got enough pain medication to keep any rock star rolling for a week or so, boarded a plane to Oakland with just a backpack of stuff (that was all I could carry, and only just barely) and flew my ass to the Bay!

I can't tell you how happy that made me! We totally got Lauren, she was completely shocked... I wish you all could have seen the look on her face! We had a killer goodbye party for her at The Bar... a veritable SFSU reunion, complete with faces we hadn't seen in like 3 or 4 years (Margaret!) and more alcohol than most of us had consumed in hot minute. Except me, I had muscle relaxers bitch!

Ah yes, such lovely young ladies...

or not.

Yeah, that's Sal Castaneda (Bay Area weather man for all who care).

Such a handsome couple (Nikki and Rasmus).

Is that Scott in the background looking only slightly devious?

A Gabe sandwich!

Now that is a straight old school collection of SFSU hommies!

Oh hell yeah. You know I had to include this one!

Jaime and Chris being super hard core.

A Walter sandwich!


It was fabulous. We had brunch on Sunday just before Lolo left the city for good and got to see Soren who's growing up way, way too fast! I spent some great time with my sis in the east bay at her super cute new apartment... and got to meet the newest addition to my family, baby Jonah, son to Jamie and Paul. What a cool little guy, with his adorable little bald head and big curious eyes. Such a joy to finally meet him!

Soren (who ya'll saw earlier at just a few weeks old) looking hella travieso!

The newest (and cutest!) member of our family, Jonah.

The fam-bam.

There have been many adventures since (like starting shit with the cops who raided Critical Mass, singing at a masterclass and getting a job teaching voice to kids...), but that weekend was particularly incredible. It made an otherwise lackluster summer sparkle and although my back wasn't as improved as it could have been, my spirit was in a much better place and mentally I felt like a new person. Thanks to the crew who flew me up there and everyone who took care of me! I felt like royalty the whole weekend!

Of course here are some pics for my one reader to enjoy. Mad love to you.

Peace 'n Hair Grease,

*nishi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home